Or Mummy Dogs
These are fun and easy fare for the kids this time of year. (I make them anytime of year that the mood strikes me.)
You will need:
1 tube of refrigerated crescent rolls (or one recipe baking soda biscuits, which follows)
1 package hot dogs
Preheat the oven to 375.
1) Open and unroll the crescent rolls (if using baking soda biscuits, roll quite thin - about 1/4").
2) Working on wax paper, cut crescent dough into narrow strips.
3) Wrap crescent dough strips mummy style around each hot dogs, leaving a "face" exposed.
4) You can cut X's for eyes before baking, if you like.
5) bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Once the dough is golden, the dogs are done.
Baking soda biscuits:
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 T shortening
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Sift flour baking powder and salt together.
- Using pastry knife or two butter knives, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk.
- Turn out on floured surface. For use with mummy dogs, roll out 1/4" thick. Cut with floured knife. (There will be excess dough. Make biscuits that can bake alongside mummy dogs by cutting and shaping at 1/2" thick.)
To make this a complete meal, serve it with Green Goodness Smoothie.