Keeping the house, the kids and the hubby without breaking the bank, the earth, the people I love, or myself.

Watching You Watch the Rain

Watching you watch the rain:
Your lined and sagging home
of eyes that take in all
Tranquil before the gentle
Sometimes angry pattering.
I hid so you could not see
me watching you watch the rain.
The scene always held one holiness:
Your solitude among the million chattering drops.
I wanted to think what you thought,
Feel the peace I saw in you --
Watching you watch the rain
Is a thousand images
of one picture in my head
As I sit, elbows on knees,
My child nearby watching me
Recalling
Watching you watch the rain. 

-RMH 

I have often wished I had the artistic ability to paint as this image is so clear in my mind.  It's been nearly six years and I still miss him.  I am grateful I had his love and guidance for 35 years of my life. 

Jack E. Loar August 3, 1929 - October 2, 2004

1 comments:

Gill - That British Woman 2:11 PM  

hey Rachel,

Thanks for popping by and commenting, and giving me the link to Frugal. I am hardly ever on there anymore, I prefer Smart Canucks.

Happy New Year to you and your family,

Gill

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Saving money. Saving graces. Raising children, husbands and, sometimes, cats. Laughing. Living. Thinking. Doing. Life in the Niagara Region of Ontario.

About Me

I am a happily married woman with four children and various cats and kittens (fosters). I love to read and my favourite authors are George RR Martin, Thomas Hardy, Raymond Carver, PD James, Kurt Vonnegut, J. K. Rowling, and Margaret Atwood. I know there are only three women in that list (and none of them American), so if you'd like to suggest some I'm willing to give them a shot! And yes, I am an American living in Canada. (Hence the nick -- CannedAm.) I like it here. There are things about the states that I miss, but my love is here and this country has things to offer that my own does not. Things that make my quality of life much better than it ever was in Ohio. Guess I'm stuck here. Though there's a nice spot in the Appalachian hills where I'd love to spend my retirement.

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP